Household cleaning is not just about the ‘totality of all efforts to prevent diseases and damage to health’ (federal health reporting), but simply about your well-being. With these ten tips you can ensure a hygienic, clean and comfortable home.
Hygiene in history
What exactly is hygiene? It owes its name to the Greek goddess of health, Hygieia. Hygienic measures, such as religious commands and prohibitions, as well as the technical efforts to supply people with clean drinking water, have been demonstrable worldwide since ancient times. And so, when it comes to hygiene, it is always about maintaining your own health.
10 household cleaning tips
These ten tips should help you to ensure sufficient hygiene, but also comfort in your household:
- Wash your hands regularly and thoroughly, especially after coming in and before meals.
- Ventilate the apartment several times a day for 10 minutes
- Take out waste at least every other day, this applies especially to biological waste. You should definitely separate rubbish carefully.
- Damp surfaces, e.g. getting a bath in the bathroom, wipe dry immediately or ventilate well after activities that involve a lot of moisture.
- Use hand cleaning cloths only for a few days and allow to air dry after use. Use reusable, washable cloths here.
- It is best to renew the dishcloths daily. Here, too, reusable cloths such as the Hunt’s Microfiber Cleaning cloth, which can be easily washed in the washing machine , protect the environment and your wallet at the same time.
- After processing raw food, dispose of leftovers and put all devices and aids directly in the dishwasher or wash them thoroughly after use.
- After washing in the washing machine, clean the wash cabinet and let it dry with the clothes off, leave the washing machine lid open. An extra hygiene rinse for the machine is therefore not necessary. If you have the feeling that the laundry no longer smells so fresh after the wash cycle, let the machine run empty at the highest temperature.
- In the event of acute infections in family members, regularly disinfect the toilet and dirty bathroom surfaces.
- Wash towels and cleaning cloths at at least 60 ° C with a heavy-duty detergent in powder form.
Disinfect in moderation. Too much sterility does not strengthen your immune system.
For more information, take a look at our other blog articles, for example on the subject of cleaning equipment .
Stay healthy and hang on!